Hello from the UK

Yleistä keskustelua Suomesta toisessa maailmansodassa.

Valvoja: Ylläpito

Lammio

Hello from the UK

ViestiKirjoittaja Lammio » 11 Touko 2010, 12:32

Hello to all Finnish reenacters!
I am Rob Hymer, the head of the British SA reenactment group 'Unknown Soldiers' (Tuntematomaat Sotillat). I have been invited to join this forum by Peter Bauer although I don't think I will be able to contribute much as I don't know Finnish very well (If an Englishman learns another language, he gets deported for being a spy. That's how you got Joel). :D
I have reeacted the Finnish Army for over two years now, and at the moment my group depicts a field artillery observation post in the 1944 Summer campaign. I will see if I can post some pictures of my group later.
I hope to see some of you at the War and Peace show at Beltring in the UK this summer, and be able to use your expertise to improve my impression.
All the best
Rob

Pies
Etulinjan jäsen

Re: Hello from the UK

ViestiKirjoittaja Pies » 11 Touko 2010, 12:39

Welcome :) Does your group have any pictures on the internet, we would love to see them.

Speidel
Etulinjan jäsen

ViestiKirjoittaja Speidel » 11 Touko 2010, 13:36

Welcome Lammio! Many members from Etulinja will be in War & Peace show UK next summer. It's always nice to hear that Finnish warhistory have interest also outside of Finland. :)
Vannoivat näin pojat urheat siellä:Orjuus pois, taikka menköön henki,niinkuin mennyt on isienkin,
kunnia kuolla on vapauden tiellä. Tää vala on murtumaton.

Peltola
Etulinjan jäsen

ViestiKirjoittaja Peltola » 12 Touko 2010, 00:13

You made it!

As you can see, not that many have contributed here in finnish either, so it's ok :D

Probably the best way would be for you to simply ask about things... we finns tend to take many of the facts etc. for granted and who knows what you don't know :)

Anyways, there will be few of us coming there, surely. I already booked my holidays ;)
Etulinja

Franz Repper
Michael Gaißmair

ViestiKirjoittaja Franz Repper » 06 Kesä 2010, 14:32

Moro good sir welcome to the land of the midnight sun ! they are a great bunch of lads on here , And will only be to happy to help you

Palaa sivulle “Suomi”